APN signed a partnership with UN-Habitat in order to conduct a study on land and conflict in the Arab region, among nine studies in which the UN program will deal with different topics.
Throughout this partnership with UN-Habitat, APN looks forwards to analyzing the relationship between land and conflicts in the Arab region, and in providing evidence at the local and regional levels on this matter, in hopes of producing studies, conclusions and recommendations that will help in resolving conflicts and wars in addition to providing advice on how to prevent their reoccurrence.
- APN held an expert meeting titled "Land and Conflict in the Arab Region,” in cooperation with the UN-HABITAT and the Global Land Tool Network (GLTN). Around 50 academics and experts, from around the Arab region and beyond, convened to discuss the relationship between land and conflict in the region and to delve into the causes of land conflict. (More)
- APN presents latest developments in its study "Land and Conflict in the Arab Region" at invitation of UN-Habitat. (More)
- Technical advisor of the Arab Group for the Protection of Nature, Professor Rami Zurayk, gave a presentation on the developments of the study titled "Land and Conflict in the Arab Region," during a workshop organized by Rasheed for Integrity and Transparency (Transparency International) (GLTN). The workshop aimed at discussing monitoring of land management and ensuring their tenure in the Arab region on July 14th, 2021. (More)
- APN participated in the virtual regional knowledge exchange event on the role of civil society in land governance in the Arab region that took place on December 20th and 21st, 2020, organized by the International Youth Council - Yemen (IYCY), and the United Nations Human Settlement Program (UN-HABITAT), and the Global Land Tool Network (GLTN). (More)
- APN delivered three presentations at the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) conference titled "Planning for the Arab Land Initiative." The conference was held on February 2nd – 6th, 2020, at the National Center for Housing and Building Research in Cairo. (More)